Time Flies Like...
Friday, June 24, 2005
  Restless
Have you ever heard a song and it just somehow resonates inside you somewhere? Not necessarily the lyrics or the melody, but some combination of both that just hits this chord right in your heart. For some reason that I don't understand, Restless by Alison Krauss and Union Station does that to me. I can just listen to it over and over and that feeling happens each time.

Maybe it is the idea of feeling restless and a little insecure about the life I lead. The only real thing in my life right now that I feel secure about is the strength of my marriage. All I hope is that he feels the same way, even if everything else seems so out of control. That song reminds me of all that, makes me feel good about one part of my life, then reminds me that the rest seems like chaos.
 
Comments:
I gotta say, if your marriage feels rock-solid to you, that is one pretty darn big and important part of life. Maybe it'll help you weather the chaos. Or we can, your loyal readrs. :-)
 
Ooh, I just looked at your profile and I used to LOVE "Coming to America". I should watch that again and see if it is still as good as I remember it. All of the books and music that you list (that I have actually heard of), I love. I am definitely checking out the other ones. :-)
 
Charlie, Jessica, anytime you guys want to spend some time here in Waverly, I would be more than happy to make some scones for you to enjoy. I would even go so far as to ask you what flavor you would like the most, and make those for you.
Charlie, I will see you tomorrow in the park! :-)
 
Woo-hoo! I like the switch-commenting-on-posts game, too - very avant garde.
 
Oop's, I guess I will put it up there too.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." ~Groucho Marx

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Trying to be a good mommy, while still having some fun.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / January 2007 / January 2008 / August 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]