Time Flies Like...
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
  Baby Showers
We had our baby shower this last weekend and it was more fun than I expected. I am glad that we made it co-ed and didn't play any of those games that sometimes accompany this sort of party. We had tons of food, drinks and cake. Many of the people we invited, came. It makes me feel awesome to know that there are so many people out there who care about us. After having a party like that you really know that you have great friends.

I am due to have this baby in about one month. I am getting anxious about who this kid will be. A boy? A girl? Blonde? Brunette? I sometimes wish I had a womb with a view... The way this little guy kicks around and moves and gets hiccups, I feel like I know a little about him/her. I am pretty sure that the little one will be nothing like I have imagined though. Oh, the waiting.

At least, since we had the shower, we have a few more of the things that are required to take care of a baby. The baby now has a bed, some clothes and a room to sleep in. That helps to make me a little more prepared feeling.

Now, all we need is the baby.
 
Comments:
I really wish we could have been at the shower, Carrie. I feel bad that we missed it (I had to work all day Saturday (boo!)). I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time, though. We're looking forward to meeting lil' MiniDV!
 
I submit that Matt's entire comment was just filler so he could post that "MiniDV" joke. Which, I admit, was pretty funny.

I, too, am sorry I couldn't make it. Good think you have some great friends in addition to Matt & me! =|:o)
 
Just wondering... did you quote Weird Al on purpose? :-)

Good luck with the next month, Carrie!
 
Thanks Matt and Charlie. We missed seeing you too, but we understand (well, I shouldn't speak for Mark I guess).

Jessica, I have heard the 'womb with a view' think here and there other than Weird Al. (I assume that is the quote you are refering to?)
 
Hey - are you mocking my typos? I can't help it; I went to school in Texas...
 
Actually, the "MiniDV" thing occurred to me after I'd written the rest of my comment. I have to admit, though, I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with it...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." ~Groucho Marx

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Trying to be a good mommy, while still having some fun.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / January 2007 / January 2008 / August 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]